Eastern Bluebird History Quiz
(Note: the answer to fill in a blank may consist
of one or two words.) Click HERE for answers, or here for an MS Word version of this quiz.
1. Name the 1946 Disney Movie featuring
the tune "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah."
2. The Eastern Bluebird is the state bird of ________ and
3. " Without question
the most deplorable event in the history of American ornithology
was the introduction of the ___________ ." -W.L.
Dawson, The Birds of Ohio , 1903
4. Who said: " Who
has decided - who has the right to decide - for
the countless legions of people who were not consulted that
the supreme value is a world without insects, even though
it be also a world ungraced by the curving wing of a bird in
5. Name birds or animals that
will attack eggs/nestlings/adult bluebirds in a nestbox.
6. Name birds that will nest in Eastern Bluebird nestbox.
7. Who recorded "I Wish You Love" (". I
wish you bluebirds in the Spring, To give your heart a
song to sing, And then a kiss, But more than this, I wish
you love! ") in
8. Between 1926-1938, which of the following
established bluebird trails?
a. Thomas E. Musselman, Illinois
Junior Audubon Club of Missouri
Better Garden Club of Missouri
All of the above
was the year of publication for Larry Zeleny's (founder of NABS)
article in National Geographic entitled "Song of Hope
for the Bluebirds"?
10. In 1970, Lorne Scott of Saskatchewan was
single-handedly monitoring a bluebird trail with
11. The bluebird appears on a ___ cent stamp
issued by the U.S. Postal Service.
12. In early records,
the bluebird was referred to as (check all that apply)
b. Blue Robin
c. Blue Warbler
d. Blue Bonnet
e. Blue Redbreast
13. What color are bluebird eggs?
Click HERE for answers.