This project, which kids really enjoy, was on yasutomo.com but the link is now broken. Also see PDF version. Also see more children's activities on www.sialis.org/children.htm
1. Fold in half diagonally then fold top section about two thirds of the way down.
2. Valley fold top layer only up to form two equal triangles.
3. Valley fold unit in half along dashed line. Turn unit 90 degrees going to the right.
4. Valley fold top layer up along dashed line.
5. Mountain fold bottom layer back to align with top layer.
6. The wings should line up with each other.
7. Fold down a little corner at the head area then unfold. Make the top of the head a valley fold and push down to create the beak.
8. Fold the wing down at top of the body edge as shown in illustration. Turn the unit over and repeat on the other side.
9. Your bluebird is now complete!
...over our heads will float the Blue Bird singing of beautiful and impossible things, of things that are lovely and that never happen, of things that are not and that should be. - Oscar Wilde, The Decoy of Lying, Intentions, 1905
If you experience problems with the website/find
broken links/have suggestions/corrections, please contact me!
The purpose of this site is to share information with anyone interested
in bluebird conservation.
Feel free to link to it (preferred as I update content regularly), or use text from it for personal or educational
purposes, with a link back to http://www.sialis.org or
a citation for the author. No permission is granted for commercial use. Appearance of automatically generated Google or other ads on this site does not constitute endorsement of any of those services or products!